Wednesday 29 January 2020

The Suicide Note

Last night i wrote my suicide note,
Penning down the pain of my mind
Sadness in vain, of my life quote,
Momentary solace in the idea of this end, find.

Last night, i cried beyond compare,
Thinking how terrible was, this life
Hoping to, this rotten pain share,
Tugging now, even harder towards the knife.

Last night, i stood up on that cliff,
Drifting closer and closer to the edge
Singing again, this excruciating riff,
Looking down at the tranquil hedge.

Last night, i laughed at my own grief,
Even my tears seemed to salute this smile
Rewinding through this life, however brief,
I sat there, looking into the abyss, for a while.

Last night, i held the carver closer than i should,
Getting ready to push, with might
Sighing in a relief, however still, i stood
Upon seeing the rising sun's rhapsodic light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment