Sunday 30 December 2018

Legal?

I, Ashfaq was in the wrong body,
They say Allah won't approve
The word 'Talaq' echoed in my ears,
And i was free, now it's him and i
And he loves me right.

The sun, moon and stars, are they forbidden to shine,
Bestowing their love on millions?
The beasts too love many,
However, lacking the word 'hate',
Love, a free concept, confined by humans?

We hold hands, Eyes still stare,
But it's okay, i hope because we love and dare
The 7 vows, we didn't require,
We live in each other and share the same roof
Let people gossip, let their beliefs go 'Poof'.

I'm married to her and our love lies in the night
Alas! her passion lies in him
His need for her mirrors my love
Is this wrong or right?
'Legal' should this really be, my pretty dove?

A daughter, a wife, a mother or a sister,
Sacrifices herself at every step, does a woman
She too, filled with needs and desires,
Forest her heart, tamed yet wild,
How long dare she conceal, the fires?

No comments:

Post a Comment